Copycat | The Makeup Mixup


Just yesterday Kristen posted her planned #fotd for a NYC wedding she is attending. Have you seen it? Her makeup is stunning! I knew immediately I wanted to give her eye look a try sometime. For The Makeup Mixup, today's challenge prompt is highlight spotlight. I knew I wanted to keep the face bright and luminuous, like when in the spotlight, but had no idea what to do with the eyes. Thanks K for the inspiration!

Because The Makeup Mixup called today for highlighting, I started by prepping my skin with my L'Oréal Magic Lumi Light Infusing Primer. I've mentioned before that I don't think this product does much, but I did put in the extra effort for that "glow from within" skin. While the primer settled into the skin I moved on to the eye look, where I used two eyeshadows from my Lorac Sweet Temptations Caramel Love Affair palette (no longer available!) and one Morphe Eyeshadow in the shade Secretive. I lined the outer 2/3rds of my eyes with the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Roach for a little extra dimension and threw on a generous coat of L'Oréal's Miss Manga Waterproof Mascara in Black.


I used the MAC Studio Face and Body Foundation in C1 to keep with creating a dewy base and built coverage where I needed using my MAC Pro LongWear SPF 20 Compact Foundation in NC15. I used my Chantilly NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer to highlight and add light to under the eyes, and also in the middle of my forehead and chin. To my cheekbones, brow, center of the forehead and chin I applied the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light, which for me is an everyday staple. I layered NARS Albatross on top for more shimmer and glow.

For additional brightening I finished everything off with the Bésame Brightening French Vanilla Face Powder. I kept the lips natural with The Balm's Balm Girls Lipstick in Mai Billsbepaid. 

I encourage you to get involved with The Makeup Mixup linkup! Last week's prompt was "summer lippy" to which I created an ombre lip look inspired by a summer sunset! Thank you to Miranda and Jaelan for hosting!
Much Love,
-Stephanie Eva

Labels: