July Beauty Recap


I understand we are nearly half way through August, but I still wanted to fit in July's beauty recap. Indeed these recaps are primarily a video-segment on my Youtube channel, but I honestly haven't felt inspired to film over the last couple of weeks so my writing will have to suffice. 

L'oréal Magic Lumi Light Infusing Primer
I am at a genuine loss for words for this product. I don't hate it but I don't totally love it, either. Let's start with the name of the product, light infusing primer. To me, primers go on before foundation, not after or mixed within. However, L'oréal suggests you use this mixed with your base or dabbed in key places on your face to add a highlight. I don't notice any change in my complexion when mixing this with my NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer (which is not a foundation, but still my base of choice). This primer removes any underlying product when applied as an after-base highlight. You need to very carefully and slowly dab to blend, making sure not to rub or swipe to diffuse. When used on my bare skin however, this Magic Lumi primer works nicely to add a subtle and almost-natural glow. I really don't know how to review this product. It's a total "meh".

e.l.f. Under Eye Conceal & Highlighter
Another product that has left me a little confused is this dual conceal/highlight product from e.l.f. The under eye concealer formula resembles a watery jelly, giving light coverage at best. I understand that they may have tried to reduce the occurrence of creasing and caking, but this product would do nothing for anyone looking to hide visible capillaries or correct dark circles. The results were very underwhelming, making me feel like applying it is unnecessary. This product also did an amazing job of removing any product applied before it. I've never had this problem with a concealer! The highlighter end looks beautiful in the packaging. A bright white formula with small flecks of reflective shimmer, fair ladies rejoice! Not so fast. When applied to the skin, this product offers up a very unnatural highlight. For some occasions this will fit seamlessly in my look, but as an everyday highlight or for girls who aren't into all that shimmer, it just won't work.


LUSH Skindrink Facial Moisturizer
Alright I know, I'm addicted to LUSH. I actually stole this moisturizer from my Mom a few weeks back. I use it in conjunction with my Aveeno Facial Sunscreen (mini-review below!) and I love it! This moisturizer is not as intense as my LUSH Celestial Facial Moisturizer (everyday favorite!) but still, the sesame oil and avocado in Skindrink leaves my face feeling soft and satisfied. The only negative I can share with you is the scent. As with most, if not all of LUSH's products, the scent is mainly of the ingredients used in the formula. The second ingredient listed (after Water) is sesame oil, and that's exactly what it smells like. It's weird but tolerable. And because it works wonders for my skin, I try to forget that it even bothers me at all.

Aveeno protect + hydrate Sunscreen Lotion For Face
I first mentioned this sunscreen in my post about battling a face sunburn. I wanted to mention it again, now that I've had some more time to experience the product. I am so happy I found this sunscreen! I apply a thin layer of this over my LUSH Skindrink (mentioned above) and haven't had a problem. The scent is light and pleasant, and doesn't linger on your face for long. Sunscreen is notorious for breaking many people out, but Aveeno's formula hasn't created problematic skin for me yet. I have had a breakout, but nothing out of the 'norm that I would blame this sunscreen for. Total recommendation from me!!

LUSH Pearl Massage Bar
You guys know I'm a huge fan of the seasonal LUSH Rose Jam Shower Gel. In fact, you can find me searching for Rose Jam scent-dupes in a recent post! I knew that LUSH carried Ro's Argan Body Conditioner and Rose Jam Bubbleroon, both of which products that contain Rose Jam's scent but I don't like body conditioners and never really take a bath. Just when I lost hope, one of the workers (who I'd struck up a delightful conversation with) informed me that their Pearl massage bar also carried the coveted scent-concoction. I already LOVE LUSH massage bars, and needed no further convincing. I have been rubbing this bar on my hands and elbows throughout the day when I'm feeling a little dry. It's safe to say this is my new go-to daily moisturizer!
Much Love,
-Stephanie Eva






Labels: ,