3 Easy Fall Lip Combinations (Coffee Inspired) | 2015


Last year I wrote a post on my favorite autumnal lip combinations. It was not one of my most popular posts, but did score some decent traffic. This year, I have a widget installed on my blog sidebar that tracks traffic and displays the top three ranking blog posts. As September rolled around, I saw last year's lip combo post rank #1 for the first time ever. It has even remained in the top three ever since.

This was not a post I thought to revisit, as lip combinations are something I seldom search for. I'd rather experiment! But it seems that the internet needs some inspiration and hopefully this post will offer you just that! Below I have three lip combinations that I think fit perfectly into the autumn season, inspired by my favorite fall coffee drinks. Oh come on, I can't be the only one who gets inspired by their morning cup 'o joe!

caramel macchiato
I love using the ombre technique with lipstick, but a bold transition from pink to green is not something I'd consider for everyday wear. My way around this is a subtle ombre, using nudes and browns. This creates the appearance of a fuller lip, looks great and is still normal enough to wear out in public.
GET THE LOOK
Line and fill in your lips with the NYX Eyeliner in Taupe. Apply NYX Circe Lipstick in the center of your top and bottom lip, dab with your finger to blend. You can also add a gloss or balm on top for a dewy effect. I have on the Wet 'n Wild megaslicks Balm Stain in Nudist Colony.

pumpkin spice latte
Who doesn't love a pumpkin spice latte? #teamPSL inspired this wearable orange lip look. The nudes and browns layered under the orange lipstick tone down the bright spring color making it suitable for colder months.
GET THE LOOK
Line and fill in your lips with the NYX Eyeliner in Taupe. Lightly line the cupids bow and bottom lip with NYX Lip Liner Pencil in Expresso (this shade is no longer available online. Any matte dark brown lip or eye liner will do!). Apply MAC Sushi Kiss Lipstick on top and dab around the edges to blend with the liner. 


espresso (over ice)
If there is ever a time to wear a dark brown lip color, it's the autumn season. The contrast of a dark brown against my fair skin offers up an unexpected luxe vibe to my look!
GET THE LOOK
Line and lightly fill in your lips with the NYX Lip Liner Pencil in Expresso. Apply Milani's Lipstick in Double Espresso over the whole lip and lip liner. Done!
Much Love,
-Stephanie Eva

Labels: