Another Palette for Your Travel Makeup Bag


Earlier this year I spoke about a favorite travel-palette of mine, the Naked Basics 2 from Urban Decay. Today I want to share with you a new discovery, the Lorac Pro Matte palette. While shopping at Ulta last week, I happened upon the Lorac brand display and their Pro Matte palette caught my eye. After seeing a beautiful selection of neutrals sandwiched between black and white, arranged in a small compact, I immediately knew this palette was destined for my travel makeup bag.

These eyeshadows are smooth and soft, apply evenly with the proper brush and build well. I would suggest applying your eyeshadows first however, because there is a little fallout that can be noticeable especially while using the darker shadows in the compact. 


comparing & contrasting my travel palettes
The Lorac Pro Matte palette is beautiful, end of story. The shadows are such a buttery consistency, something that can not be said for all of the shadows in the Naked Basics 2 palette. One thing that Naked Basics 2 does have is a sturdy case. The Lorac palette's case is a little lacking in durability, one thing that makes me apprehensive to pack this palette any deeper than my carry on. Both palettes have matte shadows, but only the Naked Basics 2 includes a shimmer. The shadows in the Naked palette are much cooler and less opaque than those in the Lorac Pro Matte palette. If I had to choose a favorite, in terms of color selection, Lorac wins. In terms of packaging, Naked Basics for durability. I think overall it's a toss up.

Much Love,
-Stephanie Eva

Labels: