The Wet n Wild Balm Stain That Knocked my Socks OFF | Megaslicks


Now that I've experienced the Provocalips lip colors from Rimmel, I have to admit to feeling a little spoiled. I still love all the lipsticks in my collection, but am now finding myself reaching first for the long-wear, kiss-proof, food-proof options! Enter, Kiki. She alerted me to Wet n Wild's new Megaslicks Balm Stains. She said they were great, and super long-lasting. I was curious, a balm stain? Flash forward to me digging through my Walmart's lip aisle, where I came across the beautiful shade Rico Mauve. 

a false start
I noticed at first Megaslicks wore just as a regular lip balm. I cheekily tried a "kiss-test" as I did with my Rimmel Provocalips and there was a big lip print on my hand! Had I misunderstood Kiki's long-lasting comment? Surely not, this lady knows what she's talking about. Not totally convinced, I went about my day as I normally would. 

surprise!
After nearly five hours I looked in the mirror to find the most beautiful pink stain on my lips. I had totally forgotten that I was wearing any lip product at all! The stain had sunk into my lips, showing a natural and flattering finish. Megaslicks withstood a macchiato, a sandwich, and me wiping at my face with hands and napkins. Whoa!

where i went wrong
I realize now that my first impressions with Wet n Wild's Megaslicks were so confusing because I expected this product to be a full coverage lip color. WHY, Stephanie?! This product is clearly labeled "balm stain". Stains are not generally full-coverage, nor opaque. They also take a little longer to soak into the lip and do their job, which would explain the kiss prints left on my hands. Sometimes I can be so impatient... 

bottom line
This product really knocked my socks off. It wears as a lip balm, so comfortable on the lips that I forget I'm wearing it at times. I do not find this formula drying, although I would not use it as means to add moisture to my lips. Megaslicks has been my go-to natural lip color since my first wear. Keep in mind that this is a stain and not an opaque lipstick. If you're looking for a higher pigmentation, this product isn't for you. You can build up the color, but it works most impressively when used as a stain.

Much Love,
-Stephanie Eva

Labels: ,