The Friday Post | vol. 4


It's the end of the week which means it's time for another Friday Post! Kiki and I decided that today we would share five things we hoped to see happen in 2016 (today I dated a paper "2015", whoops!). I don't believe much in making resolutions, but that does not mean I can't be hopeful for certain things to happen. 

resolve health issues
I have a few health issues that have been unresolved for far too long. Top priority is reducing my chronic back pain that has plagued me since 2004. Today I went to a neurosurgeon, who explained to me that I was born with a pars defect that caused spondylolisthesis and an unstable spinal column. I finally have the cause of my pain, and now possess the knowledge to treat it. I can't wave a magic wand over my lower back to make the pain go away, but I can tweak my daily routine to help minimize the stress that causes my discomfort. 

purge
I think purging is something a lot of people resolve to do. I've been working very hard over the last year to change my personal habits, and can't wait to continue eating away at the clutter in 2016. Thankfully, I don't have much farther to go in my de-cluttering journey so this should be very achievable by year's end.

Niagara Falls
An Aunt and Uncle of mine (from Holland) have talked about coming to the United States this September. It is very exciting when my Dutch family talks about visiting America, because they do not have the same flying benefits I do and do not travel here every year. 2016 will hopefully be the year they make it back to America and one of the things they've expressed interest in is visiting Niagara Falls. They have been before, but Spencer and I have not and we would really like to join them. My Mom may even tag along. Sounds like a lot of fun to me and I really hope to see this happen!

meet blogging friends!
This year sounds like I may finally get a chance to meet one of my best blogging friends, Amber, who is from Australia. I had plans to visit her in 2015 that unfortunately fell through due to flight scheduling and finances. This year Amber will be flying to England, a country that is much easier for me to fly to. I will do everything in my power to finally have tea, in person, with a great friend!

read
At one point in my life, I loved to read. Added stressors from school and my personal life took more and more of my free time, which allowed me to read less and less. Now, years later, I never read. Yes I read blogs and magazines but I have not touched a book in over two years. Yesterday I purchased Khloé Kardashian's new book, Strong Looks Better Naked. I closed my Macbook, picked up her book and today I've nearly finished it. My friend Kristen sent me a book that looks like something I'd like to read next. I hope that 2016 is the year I start reading again!

Much Love,
-Stephanie Eva


Labels: