The Friday Post | vol. 2


TGIF Everyone! In this Friday Post Kiki and I are answering the question "If you were stranded on a desert island, what five beauty products would you bring?". I thought answering would be simple, although it turned out to be a bit of a product battle royale. The short answer is; Lemony Flutter balm, Miss Manga mascara, Clean Freak dry shampoo, Nirvana White perfume rollerball, and a nail file. Keep on reading to find out what makes these five products so special.

lemony flutter by LUSH
I have finally found the perfect, fresh smelling, multipurpose cuticle cream! A little goes a looooong way, which is perfect if you're going to be stranded on an island that does not lease space to a LUSH store. I was first introduced to this product by Sjoukje, who had me convinced this was going to be my new favorite cuticle cream. She mentioned the many functions and uses of this product in her review and I thought it was too good to be true, until I brought it home with me! You really can layer this cream onto any part of your skin that is feeling dry or dull, even your lips! The fresh, lemony scent (which sort of reminds me of fruity pebbles) would totally boost your mood on one of those "uh oh I'm stranded on a deserted island" kind of days.


l'orĂ©al miss manga waterproof mascara 
This is not the first time I've mentioned this mascara on my blog. I love the stuff. Yes, the wand is wiggity-wack and there is a weird, wet dot of product precariously perched at the top of it but the formula is out of this world easy to handle. It isn't drying or flaky and really is waterproof. Of course if I really were about to be stranded on an island I would not bring mascara. Or, maybe I would. It might make the transition easier on my mind!

not your mother's clean freak dry shampoo
Another product that, if all of this deserted island business were really going down, I wouldn't be bringing. Dry shampoo! Assuming I'd be able to bathe in the ocean (salt water is great for your hair, in moderation), I've got this dry shampoo with me for those lazy island mornings where a girl just can't be bothered to wash her hair. 

elizabeth & james nirvana white perfume rollerball
I've mentioned it before, I'm a huge believer in the power of scent. My favorite part of getting ready in the morning is choosing a perfume based on my mood. On most days I reach for this nirvana white scent. It makes me feel clean, I like to feel clean! Deserted island or not!

nail file
To the non-boy scout, a nail file is meant only to shape and shorten the protein that grows out from your fingers. However, thanks to the teaching from my live-in eagle scout (Spencer, lol) I now realize the seemingly simple nail file's potential. Let's be honest though, I originally "packed" this to file my nails and not cut down a tree, or do whatever other untapped application this sand-stick has.

Much Love,
-Stephanie Eva


Labels: , , ,