The Makeup Mixup (Summer Nights) | Esqido Lash Review!


If this isn't your first visit to my blog (which if it is, Hi and Welcome!) you'll be familiar with The Makeup Mixup, an ongoing makeup challenge hosted by Jaelan and Miranda. This week's prompt was "Those Summer Nights". Kiki, who is also participating, spoke of a "Grease" inspired look over snapchat one evening. Although I knew that would be one beautiful route, I wanted to leave that up to her and try my hand at a summer-inspired smokey eye. I rarely wear heavily "blown out" eye looks, mainly because I feel like you need long lashes to balance it all out. Enter, Esqido False Eyelashes

Esqido sent a pair of their BFF mink lashes for me to try. The packaging is super chic and if I'm being completely honest, I was a little intimidated by how beautifully delicate the lashes are. I immediately popped them out of their case and threw them on. They are the longest false lashes I have ever used, so I needed Spencer there for support that first time around. Now, for this summer smokey eye I was fully capable and confident to apply the lashes on my own... Ha!

I started out The Makeup Mixup look by priming my eyes with the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Original. I then tapped Colourpop's Intoxicate Super Shock Shadow on the entire lid and lower lash line with my ring finger. After blending Intoxicate out with a clean brush, I grabbed a camel powder from my Morphe Brushes Pressed Powder Palette and continued to blend up and out. I then took a dark red/brown powder from the same contour palette on a pencil brush and defined my crease. Two metallic Morphe shadows in Golden Glory and Mysterious were layered on top of the lid to create my idea of the "perfect copper". I took a third Morphe eyeshadow in Coal and smudged it carefully across my upper lash line and on the outer corner of my lower lash line. I layered Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion on top of the smudged Coal shadow to create depth and dimension within the liner. I further smudged this out with the same pencil brush, curled my lashes and popped on a light coat of L'OrĂ©al's Miss Manga Waterproof Mascara in Black



For my base I applied the NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer in Terre Neuve with an e.l.f. Stipple Brush and used the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Chantilly sparingly along the under eye area. I set everything with my Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Transparent and layered Hourglass' Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light on top of the concealer. For a contour I used Sephora's Blush in Tranquil and tapped a light layer of Milani's Powder Blush in Romantic Rose onto my cheeks. To finish my base I applied Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone to the high-points of my face and sprayed it all down with Urban Decay's All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray.

I filled my brows in using the Anastasia Beverly Hills DipBrow Pomade and Brow Wiz, both in Taupe and applied the Esqido 'BFF' Lash as close to my natural lash line as possible. I used Esqido Eyelash Glue to hold them in place!

thoughts on Esqido
In short; I love 'em! The company and the lashes are totally a joy to work with. Each pair of lashes has roughly 25 uses in them and comes with the promise of a 60 day guarantee. Their interactive lash guide is an easy and accurate way to match your skill level and personal preferences with the ultimate pair of lashes. But it doesn't stop there! Esqido's lash glue is impressive all on its own. The small brush applicator makes adhesive application a breeze and the non-latex formula makes this perfect for anyone working on clients whose allergies may be unknown. I've worn these lashes now for two rounds of 8 hour days. Yes, 8 HOURS and the glue was still holding strong. The ease, comfort and natural beauty of these lashes has earned them a spot on my "ride or die" product list after only two uses! Trust me, these are something special.
Much Love,
-Stephanie Eva




Labels: ,