DIY Starbucks Iced Gingerbread Latte

Hello World! I have recently found myself traveling a few too many times to Starbucks for an Iced Gingerbread Latte. It has come to my attention that I simply cannot afford a $5 latte every day. Coffee at home has never been my thing. It never tastes the way I want it to! I knew that if I were to recreate this holiday favorite for myself, I was going to have to do it right! 

Drawing from my previous experience as a barista I knew that making a latte was no hard task, IF you had an espresso machine. In case you are unfamiliar with the inner workings of caffeinated concoctions; lattes contain espresso, not drip-coffee. Espresso is robust in flavor, and tastes quite different than an at-home-brewed coffee. Replacing espresso with coffee in a latte/cappuccino/machiatto will result in a watery-tasting creation. Not my favorite way to start the day! I knew I'd need espresso, but at-home espresso machines are too clunky and far too expensive to justify them as an everyday at-home appliance. I'd have to find another way!

If you can't view the video above, click here to view it on my YouTube channel!

After purchasing the right things, and a bit of tweaking, I've put together my Starbucks holiday favorite right at home! You can change out the Gingerbread syrup for any syrup you'd like. I have also made a vanilla latte with caramel swirl.. DELISH. 
Much Love,
-Stephanie Eva


Labels: , , , , ,