NOTW | All Caught Up!


Hey everyone, how about some more Halloween nails? I say yes! As much as I detest spiders (or any bug, ugh!) I wanted to web up my nails this week. I've been seeing a lot of these nails on my Nail Bank Tumblr and finally thought I'd give it a go. Hope you enjoy!


Above is a more true to life photo of my nails. A while back I fell head over heals in love and purchased the OPI Skyfall collection and haven't had a chance to actually use the colors on myself since! I was messing around with my polishes and fell in love all over again, particularly with the main color of the collection; Skyfall.



The base of my nail art is OPI's Skyfall, pictured above. It is this beautiful vampire-esque red, which I find so suiting for Halloween. This color is also wonderful all by itself.



For the webs I opted for a not-so-opaque cream color. For me, this was OPI's Cream of Crete, pictured above. It is a much older shade, I'm not even sure you could find it in stores anymore. I chose a more translucent cream rather than a stark white polish because I wanted my spider webs to be more true to life. As I saw all these web nail art sets pop up I noticed that those who used a plain white had a more "cartoonish" outcome. Which is fine, I just didn't want that for my set.


I chose a medium length, ultra-thin brush to draw on my webs. I also wanted to have wispy lines because that best mimics a real spider's web. You'll also notice some spots are more white and opaque than others. This intended, again, to look more like light is reflecting off of the webbing.


That's it! I hope you like the set as much as I do! I'd love to answer any questions, or see any Halloween nail art that you've done, so please share!
 And, If you're like me and can't get enough of nail art, be sure to check out my Nail Bank Tumblr for 1,000's of inspiring nail art photos!

Much Love,
-Stephanie Eva

Labels: , , , , , , ,