Being new in the blogging universe is sort-of overwhelming. Little information about how things work, how people see your blog, how do you know you're any good? It can be discouraging, even, to put hard work into a post that gets, say, two views and not even one comment. Just five minutes before I saw I had been nominated for this fun "award", I had a mini-crisis: Do I want to keep blogging? I logged into blogger and saw one comment that wasn't there an hour earlier. It was from Clare
and she had nominated me for the Liebster Award. I've had a Tumblr
for almost 2 years and had seen the nominations floating around but had never looked into what it actually entailed. For those of you like me, who don't know, here is a quick run-down;
This award allows you to nominate ten people starting out in blog-world to answer ten questions that you have written for them. They then have to tag/award ten other bloggers asking them a different set of ten questions.
- THE TAGGED BLOGS MUST HAVE LESS THAN 200 FOLLOWERS!
- IN YOUR RESPONSE, YOU MUST INCLUDE THE PERSON WHO MENTIONED YOU!
- LEAVE A COMMENT/MESSAGE FOR THOSE YOU NOMINATE, SO THEY CAN PARTICIPATE!
Here are the ten questions Clare asked her nominees;
1. If you could pick any career, what would it be?:
Honestly, I've been struggling with what I want to do with the rest of my "career life". I think it's that twenties-crisis where there is so much pressure to pick something to do... I am a cosmetologist currently, and ultimately would like to start a nail art business (even have a business plan). That being said, sometimes I just wish I could be that stereotypical housewife that dresses impeccably, bakes pies and cleans all day.
2. What is the best beauty tip you could give?
Don't stop trying new things! Even if you are convinced you will NEVER wear blue eyeliner in public, try it. You never know. I'm constantly surprising myself!
3. If you could turn back time, what would you not do again?
Be so "open" on social media. Although I haven't done anything silly like put my address/social security/credit card numbers up, I feel like at one point I got lax and shared too much information.
4. What is your favorite quote?
I live by quotes. Two come to mind immediately. "Love is as necessary to human beings as food and shelter." -Anonymous ----- "Love is patient, Love is kind, Love never fails." - 1 Cor 13:4-8
5. What would you say is your best and worst feature?
Starting off positively, I will say that my best feature is my face. Hope that doesn't sound too egotistical! Specifically, my eyes and my complexion. What I would say is my worst feature is the rest of my body, hah! If I could answer with a personality feature I would choose my self-view and confidence as the worst. I'm trying hard to fix my image, but hey, everyone's self-conscience about something!
6. If you could marry anyone, who would it be?
My long-term and live-in boyfriend, Spencer!
7. All time favorite lipstick?
Although I hardly where lipstick, when I do, I go straight to my Smashbox lipstick in the shade "Posy Pink". It's a sweet, girly pink. Then I'll layer a shimmery gloss over, if I'm feeling super femm.
8. What is your favorite film and why?
Man, hard to choose! Titanic has always been my favorite. But I really love Me, Myself and Irene. Why? I have always had some silly fascination with the ship Titanic, not the movie. So naturally I loved the romantic film by James-my-boy. And, I love to laugh when I am watching a movie, because I feel like I don't laugh enough in the real world. Jim Carrey is too much to handle in Me, Myself and Irene.. And I have a maaaaaaajor potty mouth, so does the film..
9. If you could have a meal with anyone dead of alive, who would it be?
If you asked me this question two years ago I would have replied "LEONARDO DICAPRIO" (living). But now when asked I'd really like to have a meal again with my father, who passed away almost two years ago. Oh, how my perspective has changed.
10. What is your most embarrassing moment?
Where to start!? Haha. I really don't have one moment particularly more embarrassing than another. When I get embarrassed, I sweat it, like it's the end of the world..
Here are the ten bloggers I would like to nominate;
And here are the questions I am asking them;
1. Have you ever wanted to be famous? If so, what type; actress, model, singer, etc?
2. If you could only use one makeup product for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
3. Most people don't like their natural hair, do you like yours? If you do, what do you like about it? If you don't, what did/will you do to change it?
4. Have you ever been confused for or told you look like a celebrity? If so, who? If not, who would you love to look like?
5. Who would you want to swap lives for the day with, if you could?
6. Do you like blogging? What made you want to finally dive into the blogging universe?
7. Have you ever been addicted to anything (soda, coffee, habits, etc) that you've had to stop using/doing?
8. Do you film YouTube videos? If you do, how do you feel about your channel? If you don't, why not?
9. What is your favorite scent? Could be anything..
10. If you are dating/living with/talking to/married to anyone, what's their name and where did you meet?
Last words for today; if you are new to blogging, and you know you love what you're writing about, don't give up! A comment here and a view there can turn into a whole lot more! If you are passionate, you will succeed. Let me know if you've been struggling, I'm here for you!
Labels: followers, liebster award, love, share